What if we don’t overcome or sublate, but merely shift perspective?
Considering a deconstructionist background we look at “perspective framing” of therapy, buddhism, and christianity to address the problem of locating the desiring self.
The concept of concrete universalism is exemplified through “garbage,” where a specific object represents a broader category, like art.
Christianity has a gap, requiring Christ to mediate between man and God. Our relation is through filth and pain.
Symbols can unite us, but when symbols trump reality the reversal dismantles order.
When the tactics of camouflage are ubiquitous trust is impossible.
Camouflage, like art, is a lie and the truth.
From fantasy into reality, the image has it’s own defenses and prophetic will.
- Step 78: The Parallax View
- Step 77: Perspective Framing
- Step 76: Concrete Universal
- June-July 2023: Consuming and Producing
- May-June 2023: Consuming and Producing
- Step 75: Holy to Holy S***
- Step 74: Symbolic Victory
- April-May 2023: Consuming and Producing
- Step 73: Camouflage (Sex and Trust)
- Step 72: Camouflage (and Art)