A list of books, audiobooks, podcasts, television, and more that I am consuming.
A list of achievements, articles, or plans in the shop to showcase my production.
This series also maps my consumer habits: my time on media can lead to more projects and purchases, as well as influences my thoughts.
Reading :: Listening :: Watching
Wanting :: Getting :: Making
What I am Reading this Month:
Malign Velocities, Benjamin Noys
(paused) Slavoj Zizek, Sex and the Failed Absolute
(slowly reading) Slavoj Zizek, “For they know not what they do: enjoyment as a political factor“
- I am part of the “zizek & so on” book club
Articles that had an impact:
Leverage Points: Places to Intervene in a System, Donella Meadows
Culture Industry: Enlightenment as Mass Deception by Adorno and Horkheimer
Vivid Abstractions, Venkatesh Rao
Cozy Futurism, José Luis Ricón (Artir)
Rioting & Looting: As a Modern-Day Form of Potlatch, Neal Keating
Elite Capture, Nicholas Whittaker
The Death of Intellectual Curiosity, Naval Ravikant (Sven Schnieders)
What I am listening to this month:
The Light of All that Falls, James Islington (highly recommended series)
A Master of Djinn, Clark (I paused it and never started it again.)
- Lyotard or Marx? The Evil Legacy of ‘Libidinal Economy’
Being Well w Doctor Rick & Forest Hanson
- Discovering Your Wants and Needs
Ezra Klein Show
- The Single Best Guide to Decarbonization I’ve Heard
Machinic Unconscious Happy Hour
- Sean Bowden – The Priority of Events — Deleuze’s Logic of Sense
Making Sense (Sam Harris)
- #301 – The Politics of Unreality — Ukraine and Nuclear Risk
New Books in Systems & Cybernetics
- Technocracy Now! Part 2 — Exploring Technocracy Through Cybernetics
- Universal Basic MKUltra With Psyop Cinema
The Philosopher’s Zone
- How Nietzsche Extracts Cheerfulness From Suffering
Ram Dass Here & Now
- Where Impeccability Lies
The Life of the Mind, Julian de Medeiros
- Image, the gaze, and kitsch
- 63 – Prof. Benjamin Noys, “Malign Velocities” Author
Waking Up (meditation app)
- The coincidence of Opposites, Alan Watts
Zizke & So On
- Surplus Enjoyment!
- Content on Form
- Wet Leg
- Black angels “wilderness of mirrors”
- Taylor Swift “midnights”
- Secret Machines “awake in the brain” and “secret machines”
What I am streaming this month:
- Orville #hulu
- Peaky Blinders (season 6: complete!)
- Cabinet of Curiosities #netflix
- The Peripheral (William Gibson) #Amazon (recommended)
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (recommended)
- a trip to infinity #netflix #documentary
What I want:
A CNC router, probably the Onefinity Journeyman.
Etching stuff: to etch patterns and images on tools.
New sound systems for house and office: won’t do it, but it is fun to look.
What I got:
1 vinyl album: Pink Floyd, The Wall
1 book: China Mieville, “a spectre haunting” – on communism
iPad mini 6 _ I could write a whole article on all the research I did before this purchase.
- purchased the iPad used for $500, but still spent about $800 on all the stuff.
- Apple pencil 2 is great.
- Zugu case is great.
- Little keyboard is good,
- multiport dock is a lifesaver.
gift from mom: apple watch, series 8 & a beautifully illustrated book
Knipex sent me a new set of pliers (when the previous set broke)
Bridge City Tools: Center Scribe & Miter squares
The Philosopher’s Tarot, from Repeater Books (Acid Horizon podcast)
Google Ads + Analytics project is going well.
Lately, my Nanoleaf lights still have a faulty controller after lots of troubleshooting.
PDF Expert (for reading and note-taking on iPad) ~ $79
Procreate (for drawing on iPad) $10
What I produced:
Completed 6 total art shields.
Wine label is a success.
Learning how to draw on an iPad
Paper towel holder
Leigh Dovetail Jigg Box or crate for storage, which doubles as a clamping station and height increase while using the jig.
More tools were added to the french cleat wall. (mostly my Bridge City layout tools.)
Two trips to Birmingham, one trip to Atlanta, and a Pickle Ball outing.
Also, appeared on a new episode of “Helpful for Life” about therapy.
Belly Button Lint
I have also kept up with my daily posts to my naval gazing blog.
Please sign up if you want daily insights sent to your inbox.
Leave a Reply