A list of books, audiobooks, podcasts, television and more that I am consuming.
A list of achievements, articles, or plans in the shop to showcase my producing.
This series also maps my consumer habits, and how my time on Youtube and Instagram leads to shop projects and purchases, as well as influences my thoughts.
(I apologize for the lack of hyperlinks this month)
What I am Reading this Month:
- Jean Baudrillard, Simulation and Simulacrum
- “The Overstory” Richard Powers
- “Utopia for Realists” Rutger Bregman
What I am listening to this month:
- Emergency Skin, NK Jemison
- Russell Brand: Death Grief, and Finding Meaning (David Kessler) [link]
- 99% Invisible, 436, Oops, our bad
- Philosophize This! #153, The Frankfurt School
- Philosopher’s Zone: Neurophenomenology
- Acid Horizon, Why we choose gods and masters
- Philsophy of rour times: Daniel Dennett
- Making Sense: #244 Food, Climate, and Pandemic
- Daily Stoic: #114 Charles and Chase Koch
- New Discourses: The Birth of a New American Myth
- Under the Skin: #180 Oneness vs The 1%, Vandana Shiva
- Hidden Brain, Useful Delusions
- Philospher’s Zone: Restlessness
- Why Theory, Hegel’s Reasoning
- Philosophy for our Times: Emotion vs Reason, Dan Ariely
- Pop & Locke, Idiocracy
- Naval Rivkant, We Can’t Prove Theorems…
- Making Sense: #246 Police Training, Carlos Gracie??
- Daily Stoic: Admiral James Stavridis on James Stockton
Daily Stoic: This is how to treat your brain
- Philosopher’s Zone: Philosophy and Ecology
- Hidden Brain: Humaor
- Under the Skin: #181 The Martyr of the Culture Wars, Jordan Peterson
- Acid Horizon, Real Anarchism…
- Philosophy for our times: Psychedelics and the Birth of Philosophy
- Pop & Locke, They Live
- The Art of Manliness: #703 The Hidden Qualities of
- Hidden Brain: Why Conversations go wrong
- Philosopher’s Zone: Ecocultural Identity
Article that had an impact:
Eve Sedgwick: Paranoid Reading and Reparative Reading
(Not in a good way)
How Not to Resolve the Paradox of Tolerance [link] New Discourses
The Labor of the Inhuman, Part 1: Human, eflux journal #52, Reza Negarestani
What I am watching this month:
- Sound of metal prime (recommended)
- Tribes of Europa
- Tropic thunder
- The lighthouse (recommended)
- Nazi hunters
- Nothing really happens
- Rose island (recommended)
- Solar Opposites
- Undone (prime)
- Vivarium Invincible (prime)
What I am consuming online
The 4th Turning, The Spirited Man
Zizek Debates Jordan Peterson
What I want:
From forever ago: I have always wanted a dedicated shop, and I am trying to get one, but as of last month’s article, you will see there are some cost associated problems with zoning and coding.
I am re-financing the house right now to try and get some extra money, while also lowering our overall payout since interest rates are under 3%.
What I got:
April: I want things, but since I am getting the shop, I have put a moratorium on shop related spending. I am still anxiously awaiting the Florip Dovetail saw ordered last month. and I did get a Highlands Woodworking Bandsaw Resaw blade so I don’t waste so much wood on our nightstands I now need to build.
Also, I should mention: I have ordered Scraping Cards from Lee Valley in March… they appear to be backordered until August.
What I produced:
2 podcasts this month.
Gold Plating (Culture of the New Capitalism pt 3)
Global Citizenship, Zachary Seitz
What I built:
Nothing… I know…. I’m a loser. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed lately.