A list of books, audiobooks, podcasts, television and more that I am consuming.
A list of achievements, articles, or plans in the shop to showcase my producing.
This series also maps my consumer habits, and how my time on Youtube and Instagram leads to shop projects and purchases, as well as influences my thoughts.
What I am Reading this Month:
What I am listening to this month:
- The Undoing Project, Michael Lewis
- gave up on Ready Player Two 🙁
- Philosophy for Our Times: A philosopher’s guide to being happy
- Philosophy for our times: Do we really experience reality?
- Philosophy for our times: The Logical labyrinth of expertise
- The Philosopher’s zone: Ethics, philosophy and immigration
- The Philosopher’s zone: Women and the Dhamma
- The Philosopher’s Zone: What can David Hume teach us?
- The Philosopher’s Zone: Chronomobilities
- The Philosopher’s zone: Logic in Indian philosophy
- The Philosopher’s Zone: Ecocultural Identity
- Hidden Brain: Loss and Renewal
- Hidden Brain: Our Noisy Minds
- Tim Ferris: #515 Chris Bosh
- Pop & Locke: Children of Men
- Philosophy Bites: Liam Bright on Verificationism
- Philosophy Bites: Samantha Rose Hill on Hannah Arendt
- Philosophy Bites: Stephen Nadler on Spinoza
- Making Sense: Corporate Cowardice
- Making Sense: Broken Conversations, Jesse Singal
- Making Sense: Order and Freedom
- Making Sense: Distance & Arrival
- Daily Stoic: Sebastian Junger
- Under the Skin: get off my land! Nick Estes
- The Knowledge Project: Joel Greenblatt, investing made simple
- The Knowledge Project: Jim Collins: Relationships vs. Transactions
- The Knowledge Project: Angela Duckworth: Grit and Human Behavior
- Why Theory: Psychoanalysis and Theory
- Acid Horizon: What is non-philosophy?
- Acid Horizon: We must dismantle the face
- Acid Horizon: There is no unhappy revolution
- Channel 3: Robert Atkins
Article that had an impact:
Hedonistic Imperative, David Pearce
The Nerd Culture, Kevin Kelly (The Third culture)
What I am watching this month:
- Solar Opposites
- Smoke and Bone
- Without remorse prime (prime)
- 24 hours to live (prime)
- Infinity chamber(prime)
- Wire (?) (prime)
- Army off the dead (Netflix)
- Wrath of men (Jason Statham)
What I am consuming online
Not much… Some Rutger Bregman interviews
ContraPoints: the west
Philosophy Tube: Jordan Peterson’s ideology
- Royal blood
- Nick cave carnage
- Glass animals
- Roger waters
- Fka twigs
- Dinosaur Junior
- Manchester orchestra
- Yellow ostrich: softIslands
- Twin shadow
- Black keys ( Delta kream)
- Perfume Genius
- Dmx Califone
What I want:
A new 1,200 sf shop in the backyard…
What I got:
A cash-back refinance mortgage under 3% interest so I can build the shop I want.
It is really gonna happen boys and girls, I am going to get a big shop. Then figure out how much to spend on air conditioning, and which new tools I can afford after the thing will inevitably go over-budget. HAHAhahahaaa… (laughter hiding tears of despair.)
Groundbreaking should start in July.
Tools: Also Ordered the Seneca Domino Joiner plates _ this was an impulse buy off IG.
Bosch Battery powered Sawzall. At Lowe’s they had a “buy the bare tool, get a battery and charger for free” sale. So the Sawzall cost $119, and the battery (if you buy it) costs $129. So… that’s more than half off.
I have ordered Scraping Cards from Lee Valley in March… they appear to be backordered until July or August. My FLORIP Dovetail saw ordered through Woodcraft is also delayed since March, but perhaps July 16th they will send it to me.
Electronics: I purchased some Sony wh1000-XM4’s (on sale for $230… now it seems they are back up to $350) and I am just blown away by how cool they are. They really sound amazing, like the sound is inside your head. They also have lots of bells and whistles through software, one of my favorites is the ability to be synced to both my phone and laptop at the same time.
Everyday Carry: The Keyport, Pivot 2, which is a fancy key organizer. I don’t like the idea of having a chargeable tracking device on my keys, even though it may help. Also, I carry a Benchmade knife, so I don’t need the blade, but I do get tired of opening beer bottles with my knife and always looking for a pen or flash drive… so I had them on my key ring, but that makes it super cumbersome and nearly pulls my pants off since I have lost my butt in my old age.
I also got one for my dad for fathers day, but who knows if he will actually use it.
One bonus to the Keyport is the Omnifob, which I don’t need right now, but can see it coming in handy in the future to replace several devices (such as garage door openers and car fobs) in one handy little attachment.
What I produced:
3 podcasts this month.
What I built:
A nice little box for a friend of mine. Maple with Walnut Splines, a little compartment in the bottom that slides out, per request.