A list of books, audiobooks, podcasts, television, and more that I am consuming.
A list of achievements, articles, or plans in the shop to showcase my production.
This series also maps my consumer habits: my time on media can lead to more projects and purchases, as well as influences my thoughts.
Reading :: Listening :: Watching
Wanting :: Getting :: Making
What I am Reading this Month:
Flatline Constructs, Mark Fisher
The Myth of Sisyphus, Albert Camus
What I am listening to this month:
Neuromancer, William Gibson (maybe the 3rd time)
- Malibou: The Dawning Anarchy vs Cyberanarcy
- Deleuze and Guattari — One or Several Wolves Go to Therapy
- Cosmic Utopia — Federov’s “The Common Task”
- “Snow Crashing Into the Metaverse” From Imaginary Worlds
Jordan B. Peterson
- The Downfall of the Ivy League, Victor Davis Hanson (ep 325)
- Episode #173 … Simone Weil
- Values and Goals
- 647 — Mark Manson — The Path to ‘The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck,’ the Ups (And Downs) of Success
- Steve Lacy
- Deer Hunter
- The 1975
- Broken Social Scene
- The Strokes
- Divine Fits
What I am streaming this month:
- Doom Patrol #HBO
- Down to Earth, Zack Efron #netflix
- Tom Segura, #Netflix
- Marvelous Miss Mazel #amazon
- Need to continue: White Lotus #HBO
- Need to continue: His Dark Materials #HBO
What I want:
Phone stuff: iPhone Peak Design case, wallet, and car mount
Still looking at espresso stuff, but putting it on hold.
Also looking for 4.3L V6 intake, exhaust and tune. Perhaps rhino liner for the bed. But all that will run about $2,000 and I just don’t have it right now.
What I got:
2021 Chevy Silverado (v6 4.3l) _ color: Shadow Gray Metallic
(My 2014 F150 (v8) developed the death wobble, and after a few close calls, I traded it in. I have way too much travel in the next 3 months hauling trailers to deal with it.)
Naturally, this is a huge purchase and I just threw money at the problem rather than shopping around. I also immediately purchased a bed cover and interior storage under the back seat ($1000). Little things like getting it registered cost $250 and a license plate cost. Insurance also went up by about $100 per month.
What I produced:
One more old-school drawing
Remained in Birmingham for about three weeks. LEaving for Chattanooga today for the Stoveworks art residency, then in mid-February, back to Princeton, TX to collect my things and bring them back to Birmingham.
Belly Button Lint
I have also kept up with my daily posts to my naval gazing blog.
Please sign up if you want daily insights sent to your inbox.
Leave a Reply