A list of books, audiobooks, podcasts, television and more that I am consuming.
A list of achievements, articles, or plans in the shop to showcase my producing.
This series also maps my consumer habits, and how my time on Youtube and Instagram leads to shop projects and purchases, as well as influences my thoughts.
What I am Reading this Month:
What I am listening to this month:
- Philosophy for Our Times:
- The Philosopher’s zone:
- Talking Politics: History of Ideas:
- Making Sense:
- The Knowledge Project:
- Acid Horizon:
- Mark Fisher: Solidarity at the Rave – A Conversation with Natasha and Matt
- Foucault (With Hair) – The Early Foucault With Stuart Elden
- The Analytic Philosophy of Politics by Michel Focault – Seminar 8/7/21
- Inner Experience: From James Hillman’s Archetypal Psychology towards a Liberation Psychology
- The Promise of Cruelty: The Second Essay of Nietzsche’s ‘On the Genealogy of Morals’
- Concepts in Focus: The Unique and the Creative Nothing
- Free thoughts:
- Huberman Lab
- Naval Podcast: episodes (21, 20, 19, 18)
- The Daily: Americas miscalculations in Afghanistan
- Tom Bilyeu “Impact Theory”
Article that had an impact:
White Privilege: unpacking the invisible knapsack. Peggy McIntosh PDF (I red this before, but only somewhat grocked it.)
DAILY EFFECTS OF WHITE PRIVILEGE ~ I decided to try to work on myself at least by identifying some of the daily effects of white privilege in my life. I have chosen those conditions that I think in my case attach somewhat more to skin-color privilege than to class, religion, ethnic status, or geographic location, though of course all these other factors are intricately intertwined. As far as I can tell, my African American coworkers, friends, and acquaintances with whom I come into daily or frequent contact in this particular time, place and time of work cannot count on most of these conditions. ~ Peggy McIntosh
Cannibalist Manifesto, Oswald de Andrade PDF
Limiting Data in Search of Information, Seth Godin
What I am watching this month:
- Ted Lasso (recommended) #Apple
- Brand New Cherry Flavor #netflix
- Witcher: nightmare of the wolf #netflix
- The Paper Tigers, #netflix
- Major Grom, Plague Doctor #netflix (not recommended)
What I am consuming online
- Killers, Pressure Machine
- Sune Wagner, More Human than Human (Altered Carbon)
What I want:
New shop??!! Groundbreaking started on AUGUST 31, 2021. Whoooo!!!
Work Shop related research interests:
- Dust Collection
- I am thinking of writing a whole article on this. I have gone down several paths and am becoming pretty familiar with the concepts.
- Currently leaning towards the Onieda Super Cell (equivalent to a 5hp unit) at $2,500
- Air Conditioning
- After my last 2 quotes blew my pants off (and then slapped me with them) I am gonna DIY this sucker.
- One quote (not even the highest) is $7,200 for the equipment only, no installation.
- I will instead get a 36,000 btu DIY Mr. Cool, with three 12,000 BTU heads. Roughly $3,600.
- Perspective Check: it would only cost $8,000 to replace the main AC unit for my whole house.
- open cell spray in is for the shop
- the office space inside is up for debate. Maybe Rockwool?
- I need it nearly sound-proof for the podcast
- If insulated well enough, the AC doesn’t have to be as powerful.
- Hardwood floors in a shop?
- curious, but many people use antifatigue mats, which are rubber tripping hazards. So, what if you just softened the whole floor with wood? Plywood? Hardwood?
- There are many options out there, like interlocking mats, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money because I don’t have it to spend.
- Folding Stairs (reduce space footprint)
- This is for storage above the office space.
- I am going to sheetrock and (hopefully) insulate the storage space (roughtly 15×20)
Why would I want this?
This is obviously a case of being hit over the ears repeatedly by every dude podcast I listen to: performance elevating, mood elevating, easy, necessary, healthy… blah blah blah. I now think this will make me a better, fitter, mentally healthier person.
A new thing I can’t live without:
OMG. I am loving this. I spend almost all my free time learning about this and from this.
If you are interested in it, please take a look at some of the resources below that I have dug into this month.
Podcast: Redeeming Productivity, On taking Smart Notes
What I got:
Finally. Ordered in March… arrived in August.
I know it’s not a Bad Axe, but it is pretty great, and the only Western style handsaw I have. So far I am happy with it.
What I produced:
1 podcasts this month.